- Are we the only ones who didn’t know that Jim Stacy – Star Bar owner, Starlight Drive-In manager, corndog maker, all round Atlanta hero – had a TV show on PBA-30 highlighting our town’s fab hidden food spots? Well, after last night, now we do. “Get Delicious” airs again Thursday, July 22.
– “Cool As Kim Deal” rockers The Dandy Warhols released a compilation of their Capitol Years today everywhere in the world, except America, where it comes out August 24. The band will be touring this fall and hit Atlanta’s Center Stage on November 11. Tickets go on sale July 23 HERE.
– The Avett Brothers premiered a stunning animated video, made with one gradually-altered painting, over on NPR last week, reports Paste. “Head Full Of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise” is from the band’s latest record I and Love and You, but the band is already readying a new live record, which will come with a concert DVD too.
– The trailer for Howl, the Allen Ginsberg biopic staring James Franco as Ginsberg, is over on the A.V. Club, and it looks pretty incredible.
– We like the sound of these Crop Mob folks: “A group of young, landless, and wannabe farmers who come together to build and empower communities by working side by side … [with] a group of experienced farmers and gardeners willing to share their knowledge with their peers and the next generation of agrarians.” Basically they visit green spaces that need a bit of work (past “Mobs” have included Sheik Burritos and Green Leaf Farms) and just go to it. They also like to recommend places that they love, like Miller Union – a recommendation we agree with wholeheartedly. Learn more (and maybe join in) here or follow Crop Mob on twitter @CropMobATL.