– Center Stage just announced that musical recluse (who is slowly coming back out into the open) Lauryn Hill will be playing the venue January 14. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, December 23 at 10 a.m.
– Indie rock collective Broken Social Scene is coming to The Buckhead Theatre February 10. Tickets are on sale now!
– Our very own local rawkers Death On Two Wheels have given us all a lovely little gem of a Christmas present – a free download of their cover of “Jingle Bell Rock”! You can download it for free HERE.
– After seeing all those tax breaks for film makers in Georgia, the music industry folks around here have founded nonprofit organization Georgia Music Partners to try and get some of that incentive action for studios and the like. It seems like the main issue is that “The Georgia Film, Music & Digital Entertainment tax credit, which is credited with driving business to the state, does not address major segments of the music industry, such as sound recording or live entertainment,” according to the organization’s press release. We’re looking forward to seeing how they’re going to sort this all out for our hard-working musicians, producers, club-owners and everyone else with a piece of the Georgia Music Pie.
– The Modern Lovers proto-punk legend Jonathan Richman plays two shows at The Highland Inn Ballroom February 18 and 19. Tickets are on sale now!