– Rosanne Cash, country star and daughter of the legend that is Johnny Cash, will be signing her book, Composed, at Agnes Scott College’s Presser Hall on August 14. The event is presented by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Decatur Book Festival (AJC DBF) and Yuengling Beer and is hosted by Agnes Scott and A Cappella Books, and will include a performance by Cash herself. She’ll also be auctioning off the custom-made guitar she’ll be playing, which was given to her by Yuengling Beer. Tickets include a copy of the book.
– Band of Horses play The Fabulous Fox Theatre on October 30, and the pre-sale starts tomorrow, Thursday, July 8 – the password is BULLDOGS. Tickets go on sale to the public Friday, July 9.
– Scissor Sisters come to the Buckhead Theatre on August 21. Expect a sparkly, glittery experience that will fill you with joy and all things good (hint: we can’t wait for this one!). Tickets go on sale on Saturday, July 10.
– R.E.M. will release a special two-disc set of the band’s third album, Fables of the Reconstruction, in honor of the record’s 25th anniversary. Apparently, “The new edition features the digitally remastered original album, plus 14 previously unreleased demo recordings, cut prior to the album’s studio sessions, including one long-sought track that has never been released. The album will also be released on 180g vinyl.” Yup, it’s fancy. The tracks will be steaming on MOG until the record’s release on July 13.
– Our hometown hero Big Boi released his long-awaited solo album, Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son Of Chico Dusty, yesterday, and we’re pretty sure you picked up a copy. As a little treat, here’s the video for the latest single from that record, “Follow Us,” featuring local lads Vonnegutt.