Tom Roche’s documentary “Alley Pat: The Music is Recorded” will have its final broadcast premiere Tuesday Oct. 20 on PBA30 at 11:30 p.m. “It was done for zero dollars (other than 6 years of my time) to give back to Atlanta music history,” Roche said. This documentary, which won 1st place at the Atlanta Film […]
Bobby Bare Jr Undefeated Album Release Show at The EARL Don’t Follow Me (I’m Lost) Film Screening Tonight only The EARL will be screening the intimate “fly on the wall” documentary about iconoclastic rocker Bobby Bare Jr., son of country music legend Bobby Bare, and his struggles dealing with the repercussions of a perpetual life […]
Friday, April 4th Red Baraat with Dialect Trio at Smith’s Olde Bar Formed in 2008, Red Baraat is a pioneering eight-piece band from Brooklyn, New York. Conceived by Sunny Jain, the group has drawn worldwide praise for its singular sound — a merging of hard driving North Indian bhangra rhythms with elements of jazz, go-go, […]
The Found Footage Festival is a one-of-a-kind event showcasing videos found at garage sales and thrift stores and in warehouses and dumpsters throughout North America. Curators Joe Pickett and Nick Prueher take audiences on a guided tour of their latest and greatest VHS finds, providing live commentary and where-are-they-now updates on the people in these […]
By Codi Glancy Directed by Dylan Southern and Will Lovelace, “Shut Up and Play the Hits” opened last night across the country. The critically acclaimed documentary follows James Murphy, the lead singer of LCD Soundsystem, a week before their final show at Madison Square Garden on April 2, 2011. The film was shown in multiple […]
This weekend is definitely a bit more relaxed than usual, with the exception of the mammoth food event that is Taste of Atlanta. We get the feeling that everyone is working on their Halloween costumes and stocking up on candy in time for next week’s spooky celebrations. But we’ve still got a good selection of […]
– If you haven’t heard by now, Atlanta might just have a new hometown hero. Rapper/jail bird T.I. helped talk a man off the ledge of a building in Midtown yesterday afternoon. Atlanta Magazine’s ATL Intel blog has more on the story, with reactions from T.I. and the Atlanta Police Department. – Al Pacino is […]
Finally, we can all step outside and breathe in the glorious cool air. Fall is officially here! And to celebrate the lovely new temperatures, there is a couple of great outdoors events for you this weekend, and well as some great rock shows, brilliant comedy and of course some great on-sales.
– We’re stoked to finally see the first trailer for 40 Nights of Rock & Roll, a film that director Scott Sloan and writer (ex-Paste editor) Steve LaBate started work on back in April. Check it out over on Paste. – Fall beer season is kicking off, and the first beer festival of the season […]
– Want to meet one of the coolest producers in the world? Here’s your chance: Steve Lillywhite – Grammy award-winning producer to the likes of Talking Heads, The Rolling Stones, Crowded House, Matchbox Twenty and many more – will be speaking at NARIP‘s September 22 program. It’s free to members ($15 to non members) and […]
Atlanta’s “Midtown Mile” is really coming into its own. Chic stores, fab restaurants, people actually walking everywhere – just like a real city! And to celebrate just how far Peachtree Street and its offshoots have come in the past few years, Midtown Atlanta is throwing the first annual free Midtown Festival of the Arts this […]
AMG Weekend Picks: Young Orchids, Caddy Shack, Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti, Deer Tick and Crowded House!
We’re all looking forward to a weekend inside, with cool drinks and the AC turned up way, way high. So for this week’s Weekend Picks, we’re staying away from the outdoor events and have even included a movie at The Fox, because when it gets this hot, sometimes you just want to sit in a […]
– Deerhunter is gearing up to release their new album Halcyon Digest in September, and they’re already throwing some treats out to their fans. For the street-teamers who printed out the flyers and posted them everywhere, Pitchfork reports that Deerhunter has bestowed the tracklisting, cover art, and now a free download. Visit the album website […]
– Are we the only ones who didn’t know that Jim Stacy – Star Bar owner, Starlight Drive-In manager, corndog maker, all round Atlanta hero – had a TV show on PBA-30 highlighting our town’s fab hidden food spots? Well, after last night, now we do. “Get Delicious” airs again Thursday, July 22. – “Cool […]
My goodness, what a week. It’s been hot, stormy and maybe just a little miserable – and that’s just been our moods. Maybe it was just a full-length week after two short weeks, but we really need this weekend. There’s plenty to do, from Broadway shows to stand-up comedy, kick-ass local rock to a classic […]