– Travis Thatcher of Judi Chicago is having what looks like a pretty kick-ass yard sale on Saturday. Look, he has a fancy flyer and everything. – The model whose picture appears on the cover of Vampire Weekend‘s Contra is suing the band’s label XL Recordings and photographer Tod Brody (who sold the picture) for […]
– One of England’s best bands, James, will be joining one of England’s best troubadours, Ed Harcourt, for a fall jaunt around the U.S. They will be stopping in Atlanta on September 22 for a show at Variety Playhouse. Tickets go on sale July 16 HERE. Check out the video of a recent performance of […]
Bits and Bobs: Matisyahu, Death on Two Wheels, Helen Mirren, Last Chance Runaround, Dark Night of the Soul
– Matisyahu will be joined by the new reincarnation of Sublime, Sublime with Rome, for a super-mellow night of reggae at The Masquerade on July 23. – Tickets are now on sale for Kenny Leon’s True Colors 2010-2011 season. And if you order your subscription by July 15, you’ll get two free tickets for the […]
– Rosanne Cash, country star and daughter of the legend that is Johnny Cash, will be signing her book, Composed, at Agnes Scott College’s Presser Hall on August 14. The event is presented by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Decatur Book Festival (AJC DBF) and Yuengling Beer and is hosted by Agnes Scott and A Cappella Books, […]
– The latest trailer for the new Harry Potter film is now up. Though the last book (number seven, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) will be split into two films, this trailer is for both films. And it looks epic. Check out the trailer below. – We now have a full-length version of Andre […]
Nashville will be depositing some serious rock ‘n’ roll in Atlanta on July 2 in the form of Shotgun Lover. Fast, sharp and ballsy with a dash of grit thrown in there, Shotgun Lover are definitely going to please the crowds at Vinyl, where they will be sharing the stage with Joshua Fletcher and the […]
Looks like it was a busy weekend, with a fabulous awards show, an epic U.K. festival and more. Here’s some bits and bobs we think you should know about: – The famed frozen yogurt company Pinkberry has opened its first Georgia shop on Cobb Parkway. Atlanta Dish was there and has some crazy yummy-looking pics. […]
It’s that marvelous time again, Friday! There’s a ton of great things to look forward to, with some brilliant shows by indie heroes, young rock ‘n’ rollers, local faves and rock legends. Not to mention a few very special World Cup games (USA on Saturday, and England on Sunday!).
Hip-hop legends Public Enemy are bringing the Fear Of A Black Planet: 20th Anniversary Tour to Atlanta’s Center Stage on Tuesday, September 14. Tickets go on sale this Saturday, June 26 – GET TICKETS HERE.
We’re about 99% sure that anyone who has seen Aziz Ansari, loves Aziz Ansari. Whether it be from the two-season MTV skit comedy show “Human Giant,” from his role as Tom Haverford on the NBC comedy “Parks and Recreation,” or even as Raaaaaaaaandy (yes, that’s eight A’s) his “comedian alter-ego” created for the Adam Sandler/Seth Rogen movie Funny People – nobody […]
Save on bug-spray this year and let someone else handle the grill. Atlanta knows how to throw down for America – here are a couple suggestions on how and where to celebrate our nation’s independence. Saturday, July 3 – Blair Crimmins and the Hookers at the EARL Not only will a Blair Crimmins and the […]
AMG Weekend Picks: Collective Efforts, Silversun Pickups, The Features, Frankie Valli Tribute and More!
Friday, June 18 – Collective Efforts and Vonnegutt at Smith’s Olde Bar Old school ATL hip hop group Collective Efforts traded in the turntables for a full band and added just the right amount of funk and soul to their live performances. It’s possible the CE crew have finally found themselves after nearly a decade […]
Born after a late night revelation, the three-piece band of sisters Alejandra and Claudia Deheza (On!Air!Library!) and Benjamin Curtis (Secret Machines) was named School Of Seven Bells. Referencing the mythical South American pick-pocket academy that may or may not have existed in the ’80s, School Of Seven Bells combines elements of dream-pop, IDM and unintentionally abstract lyrics creating […]
It’s getting hotter, more humid and grossly muggy in Atlanta – time for outdoor weekend festivals! This weekend is the 3rd Annual Art-B-Que in Avondale Estates – and to us, that means rad local art & crafts, delicious BBQ and some of the coolest bands intown! The band lineup for the Art-B-Que is looking good. […]
Thursday, June 10 – Creative Loafing Relaunch Party at The Sound Table If you haven’t already RSVP’d at clatlanta.com/relaunch you might have to get creative about how get in (see what we did there?). Creative Loafing has a new look and wants everyone to see it! What better way to show off the new duds then to throw […]