- The Coathangers celebrate their “Live at The EARL” 7-inch, where else, at the EARL on November 26, with support from All Night Drug Prowling Wolves and Wolves and Jackals. – The Selmanaires are one member less, at least for a while, as bassist Tommy Chung is moving to New York. He played his last […]
Tag: buckhead theatre
We’ve got quite a lineup this weekend. Hometown heroes returning to Atlanta, up-and-coming acts, a legendary beer festival, and the Dalai Lama. That’s quite a lot to live up to, Georgia.
Finally, we can all step outside and breathe in the glorious cool air. Fall is officially here! And to celebrate the lovely new temperatures, there is a couple of great outdoors events for you this weekend, and well as some great rock shows, brilliant comedy and of course some great on-sales.
Finally fall has arrived! Well, alright, only officially. It’s still baking hot. But this weekend should be more bearable, and what better way to celebrate the removal of the horrific heat than outdoor concerts, arts and food festivals, and a couple of indoor gigs too. And there are quite a few great on-sales coming up […]
- Oryx & Crake + Decatur CD + King of Pops + Magic Hat Beer = We Like. The lovely local band will be playing a special instore at Decatur CD on September 11 at 4 p.m., which should raise some good cash for The Boys and Girls Club of Fulton County. And there will […]
By Giles Turnbull “I didn’t have to queue this long to see Madonna!” quipped one eager concert goer; but everyone knew it’s not the length that’s important, but how it swings! The disco party atmosphere was bubbling away even as the queue snaked its way around The Buckhead Theatre, sparkling with silver spandex under a […]
Scissor Sisters Night Work Downtown Music/Polydor By Leila Regan-Porter New York City’s Scissor Sisters is one of those bands that is just hugely popular overseas. The group joins the formidable list that includes the likes of The Strokes, White Stripes, The Killers, Kelis and Kings of Leons – all American artists that blew up in […]
Wow, this weekend is going to be a big one. Fancy pants charity functions, camp and glorious glam rock ‘n’ roll, bizarre-o comedy, a disco diva and more. Basically something for everyone. And of course we have our usual round up of on-sales. Here’s what you have to choose from:
- The Buckhead Theatre just announced two more great shows for the fall. Gypsy punks Gogol Bordello play on October 7 (on sale Saturday at 10 a.m.) and England’s favorite folk rockers at the moment Mumford & Sons play November 7 (on sale Friday at 10 a.m.) – Famed music photographer Michael Schmelling is releasing […]
We hope everyone is making it through this baking-hot week. Speaking of the temperature, this fall’s upcoming show schedule is really “heating up” (oh dear…), as evidenced by our list of fabulous on-sales at the bottom of this post. Sounds like it’s going to be a rock ‘n’ roll autumn.
- First of all, Happy Friday! And it’s a big Friday for music fans in Atlanta, because a ton of great tickets go on sale: The Drums & Surfer Blood, Widespread Panic (general admission as well as VIP tickets), Wale, Jimmy Eat World and Preservation Jazz Hall Band. Phew. The links go to the ticket […]
AMG Weekend Picks: Young Orchids, Caddy Shack, Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti, Deer Tick and Crowded House!
We’re all looking forward to a weekend inside, with cool drinks and the AC turned up way, way high. So for this week’s Weekend Picks, we’re staying away from the outdoor events and have even included a movie at The Fox, because when it gets this hot, sometimes you just want to sit in a […]
- Sweet Apple, the band led by Dinosaur Jr.’s guitar hero J Mascis, will be opening for Guided By Voices‘ reunion show at Buckhead Theatre on October 23. Tickets go on sale July 24 at 10 a.m. – Pitchfork has a streaming track up from Edwyn Collins new record, due out September 13. Losing Sleep […]
- One of England’s best bands, James, will be joining one of England’s best troubadours, Ed Harcourt, for a fall jaunt around the U.S. They will be stopping in Atlanta on September 22 for a show at Variety Playhouse. Tickets go on sale July 16 HERE. Check out the video of a recent performance of […]