By Hillery Terenzi
Tag: buckhead theatre
- The Buckhead Theatre just announced two more great shows for the fall. Gypsy punks Gogol Bordello play on October 7 (on sale Saturday at 10 a.m.) and England’s favorite folk rockers at the moment Mumford & Sons play November 7 (on sale Friday at 10 a.m.) – Famed music photographer Michael Schmelling is releasing [...]
We hope everyone is making it through this baking-hot week. Speaking of the temperature, this fall’s upcoming show schedule is really “heating up” (oh dear…), as evidenced by our list of fabulous on-sales at the bottom of this post. Sounds like it’s going to be a rock ‘n’ roll autumn.
- First of all, Happy Friday! And it’s a big Friday for music fans in Atlanta, because a ton of great tickets go on sale: The Drums & Surfer Blood, Widespread Panic (general admission as well as VIP tickets), Wale, Jimmy Eat World and Preservation Jazz Hall Band. Phew. The links go to the ticket [...]
AMG Weekend Picks: Young Orchids, Caddy Shack, Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti, Deer Tick and Crowded House!
We’re all looking forward to a weekend inside, with cool drinks and the AC turned up way, way high. So for this week’s Weekend Picks, we’re staying away from the outdoor events and have even included a movie at The Fox, because when it gets this hot, sometimes you just want to sit in a [...]
- Sweet Apple, the band led by Dinosaur Jr.’s guitar hero J Mascis, will be opening for Guided By Voices‘ reunion show at Buckhead Theatre on October 23. Tickets go on sale July 24 at 10 a.m. – Pitchfork has a streaming track up from Edwyn Collins new record, due out September 13. Losing Sleep [...]
- One of England’s best bands, James, will be joining one of England’s best troubadours, Ed Harcourt, for a fall jaunt around the U.S. They will be stopping in Atlanta on September 22 for a show at Variety Playhouse. Tickets go on sale July 16 HERE. Check out the video of a recent performance of [...]
- Rosanne Cash, country star and daughter of the legend that is Johnny Cash, will be signing her book, Composed, at Agnes Scott College’s Presser Hall on August 14. The event is presented by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Decatur Book Festival (AJC DBF) and Yuengling Beer and is hosted by Agnes Scott and A Cappella Books, [...]
- Arcade Fire will make a sure-to-be-watched-by-millions-of-hipsters everywhere (ourselves included) appearance on “The Daily Show” on August 12, just a few days after their album is released. – Famed Atlanta nightclub Limelight will be making a comeback (sort of) for one night only at the Buckhead Theatre. Atlanta INtown has some reminisces and details. And [...]
We’ve missed the Roxy Theater. Despite all the things working against it – the expensive parking, Buckhead traffic, Buckhead in general – it was a venue of a certain size that was not too small (The EARL) or too big (The Tabernacle) for acts like Echo and the Bunnymen and Flogging Molly. But there was [...]