The Fox Theatre welcomed its 50 millionth guest last night before the Fifth Third Bank Broadway in Atlanta engagement of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Cinderella.
Steven Hensley, of Marietta, held the ticket. He attended the performance with his wife, daughter and granddaughter.
The milestone visit sparked a commemoration in Hensley’s honor, including a lobby celebration and champagne toast. Jamie Vosmeier, the Fox Theatre’s senior director of sales and marketing, presented Hensley and his family with a prize package including:
· Proclamation from the Fox Theatre
· Overnight stay at the Georgian Terrace
· Fox Theatre Merchandise
· Fox Theatre Champagne
· Special private behind the scenes tour of the Fox Theatre
· Tiara and program for Cinderella
· Four tickets for Wednesday evening performances of Elf the Musical, Beauty and the Beast, The Sound of Music and The Wizard of Oz courtesy of Fifth Third Bank Broadway in Atlanta
Hensley said it was an honor to be the Fox Theatre’s 50 millionth guest, even more so because he remembers when the theater was almost torn down in 1974.
“It’s a testament to the incredible, long-standing support of the Atlanta community that we’re able to serve our 50 millionth guest,” Vosmeier said. “We’re honored that so many people have come to experience the Fox’s rich history since 1929, and we look forward to creating memories with 50 million more guests in the future.”
For more information about the theater and to see a list of upcoming events, visit foxtheatre.org.