Atlanta’s Own, Big Jesus, Debuts Album “Oneiric” At Criminal Records on 9/30
Atlanta’s own, Big Jesus, is releasing their debut album with an in-store performance at Criminal Records this Friday, September 30 at 7PM.
BIG JESUS contrasts loud and heavy fuzz-laden tones with soft, pop-melodic vocals to create their own unique brand of music. The result is dreamy, ethereal rock n’ roll that’s multi-faceted and powerful: Loud and soft; bludgeoning and pretty; progressive and classic…all at the same time.
BIG JESUS’ eclectic sound stems from their surroundings and their upbringing in the Atlanta, GA music scene. “We grew up in the Atlanta punk/hardcore/metal scene, and that has a big influence on us, musically and philosophically,” explains guitarist C.J. Ridings. Lead singer/bassist Spencer Ussery continues, “We grew up on the popular rock music of the 90s, and we’re greatly impacted by everything from metal, psychedelic pop, shoegaze, hip hop, and even classical piano music.” Rounding out the band are guitarist Thomas Gonzalez and drummer Joe Sweat.
Oneiric was recorded in Los Angeles and produced by Matt Hyde (Deftones, Slayer, Monster Magnet, Sum 41, Alkaline Trio, etc.). Of the recording, Ridings says, “Matt totally understood our band and what we wanted to create.” Ussery continues, “Working with Matt in Los Angeles was incredible. He knew exactly what was needed from us in order to make the best of the songs in the end, and the final product is something that we are all extremely proud of.”
Big Jesus is heading out on a US Tour with Good Charlotte, kicking off in October.
- OCT 23 SUN Ventura Theatre Ventura, CA
- OCT 25 TUE The Warfield San Francisco, CA
- OCT 26 WED Fox Theatre Pomona, CA
- OCT 27 THU The Novo Los Angeles, CA
- OCT 29 SAT In The Venue Salt Lake City, UT
- OCT 30 SUN Gothic Theatre Englewood, CO
- NOV 1 TUE First Avenue Minneapolis, MN
- NOV 3 THU The Rave Milwaukee, WI
- NOV 4 FRI Riviera Theatre Chicago, IL
- NOV 5 SAT Agora Theater Cleveland, OH
- NOV 6 SUN Egyptian Room Indianapolis, IN
- NOV 8 TUE Newport Music Hall Columbus, OH
- NOV 10 THU The Fillmore Philadelphia, PA
- NOV 11 FRI Lupo’s Heartbreak Hotel Providence, RI
- NOV 13 SUN House of Blues Boston, MA
- NOV 14 MON Playstation Theater New York, NY
- NOV 15 TUE Starland Ballroom Sayreville, NJ
- NOV 16 WED Echostage Washington, DC
- NOV 18 FRI The Fillmore Charlotte, NC
- NOV 19 SAT The Ritz Raleigh, NC
- NOV 20 SUN Marathon Music Works Nashville, TN
- NOV 22 TUE House of Blues Houston, TX
- NOV 23 WED House of Blues Dallas, TX