– Local rap-rockers (it’s not as bad as it sounds, really) Vonnegutt are planning on re-releasing their EP, The Appetizer, again on Big Boi’s Purple Ribbon label, but this time with Manchester Orchestra’s Favorite Gentlemen label on board too. The lads have been making themselves known recently, with their “Follow Us” collaboration for Big Boi’s […]
– Dead Confederate are streaming their new album, Sugar, here right now. Check it out and then go see them play their in-store at Criminal Records on Sunday, where you can get the CD and get it signed. – In other awesome Georgia people news, Cee-Lo just released a video for his new song, “F*ck […]
– The Ting Tings have put up a new song, “Hands,” on their Facebook page for all their fans to listen to (you must “like” the band first in order to be able to listen). It’s a bit more moody than their debut, but still oozes fun, just in a more ’80s, Duran Duran kinda […]
– After the departure and consequential heart surgery of drummer/singer Simone Felice, The Felice Brothers are back and are off on tour. They’ll be coming to Atlanta for a show at The EARL on November 6. – In other coming-to-The-EARL news, the lovely Love Language are coming on September 3! – Perfect summer (evidenced in […]
– Deerhunter is gearing up to release their new album Halcyon Digest in September, and they’re already throwing some treats out to their fans. For the street-teamers who printed out the flyers and posted them everywhere, Pitchfork reports that Deerhunter has bestowed the tracklisting, cover art, and now a free download. Visit the album website […]
– This morning the Mercury Prize nominees were announced in London. Consequence of Sound has the full list, which includes our faves Dizzee Rascal and Paul Weller (and The XX, who I care a little less about). NME has all the records for you to listen to. The winner will be announced on September 7. […]
– One of England’s best bands, James, will be joining one of England’s best troubadours, Ed Harcourt, for a fall jaunt around the U.S. They will be stopping in Atlanta on September 22 for a show at Variety Playhouse. Tickets go on sale July 16 HERE. Check out the video of a recent performance of […]
Bits and Bobs: Matisyahu, Death on Two Wheels, Helen Mirren, Last Chance Runaround, Dark Night of the Soul
– Matisyahu will be joined by the new reincarnation of Sublime, Sublime with Rome, for a super-mellow night of reggae at The Masquerade on July 23. – Tickets are now on sale for Kenny Leon’s True Colors 2010-2011 season. And if you order your subscription by July 15, you’ll get two free tickets for the […]
– Rosanne Cash, country star and daughter of the legend that is Johnny Cash, will be signing her book, Composed, at Agnes Scott College’s Presser Hall on August 14. The event is presented by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Decatur Book Festival (AJC DBF) and Yuengling Beer and is hosted by Agnes Scott and A Cappella Books, […]
– The latest trailer for the new Harry Potter film is now up. Though the last book (number seven, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows) will be split into two films, this trailer is for both films. And it looks epic. Check out the trailer below. – We now have a full-length version of Andre […]
Nashville will be depositing some serious rock ‘n’ roll in Atlanta on July 2 in the form of Shotgun Lover. Fast, sharp and ballsy with a dash of grit thrown in there, Shotgun Lover are definitely going to please the crowds at Vinyl, where they will be sharing the stage with Joshua Fletcher and the […]
Looks like it was a busy weekend, with a fabulous awards show, an epic U.K. festival and more. Here’s some bits and bobs we think you should know about: – The famed frozen yogurt company Pinkberry has opened its first Georgia shop on Cobb Parkway. Atlanta Dish was there and has some crazy yummy-looking pics. […]
It’s that marvelous time again, Friday! There’s a ton of great things to look forward to, with some brilliant shows by indie heroes, young rock ‘n’ rollers, local faves and rock legends. Not to mention a few very special World Cup games (USA on Saturday, and England on Sunday!).
Hip-hop legends Public Enemy are bringing the Fear Of A Black Planet: 20th Anniversary Tour to Atlanta’s Center Stage on Tuesday, September 14. Tickets go on sale this Saturday, June 26 – GET TICKETS HERE.