- Name – Emily Pearson (I usually go by Em)
- How long you been shootin photos – I’ve been shooting photos professionally for 2 and a half years, and shooting live music for a year and a half.
- Top 3 Favorite Bands that you will love forever – Matt Nathanson, Magic Giant, and Grayscale
- The one thing in your camera bag that you take to every show – I always keep snacks in my bag, venue security has had to confiscate string cheese from me on several occasions.
- Craziest thing a band/fan ever did while you were photoing a show – The craziest thing a fan has done at a show I was shooting has got to be the time that I asked a particularly tall gentleman if I could step in front of him for a shot from the crowd. Instead of saying yes or no, he points to his shoulders and said “do you want up?” to which I replied “yes?” and before I could fully process what was going on, he lifted me up on his shoulders like I was the MVP of the football game. I was a little terrified at first, but it made for a pretty cool shot.
- Best Advice to Give to Other Photographers – My advice for other photographers is to just keep shooting. If you want to get better, keep shooting. If people keep telling you all the reasons you should quit, keep shooting. If you feel like you’re in a rut and not advancing to where you want to be with your art, keep shooting. No matter what your goals are with photography, there are always going to be days where they seem out of reach, and there are always going to be nay-sayers. But as long as you’re creating, you’re learning. And as long as you’re putting your work out there, you’re growing. So just keep shooting!
Top Ten Photos of 2019