– First of all, Happy Friday! And it’s a big Friday for music fans in Atlanta, because a ton of great tickets go on sale: The Drums & Surfer Blood, Widespread Panic (general admission as well as VIP tickets), Wale, Jimmy Eat World and Preservation Jazz Hall Band. Phew. The links go to the ticket pages. You’re welcome.
– Kanye West has joined twitter, people! Let the all-caps updates begin. Follow him at @kanyewest – and check out a nice selection of his day one tweets on Rap Dirt.
– Pretty Much Amazing has a YouTube of some more Daft Punk music for the upcoming Tron movie, and it sounds slick, sweet, sharp and, well, pretty much awesome. There’s also a link there for the six other tracks from Daft Punk’s Tron score, which previously hit the internet earlier this week.
– Pete Yorn is releasing a new Frank Black-produced record on September 28, and you can download a free song from the album here.
– The new Chemical Brothers record is pretty stunning, and so is the visually luscious new video for “Another World,” which you can have a gander at below.
– We can’t resist putting another video up today. Kylie Minogue joined Scissor Sisters on stage in Melbourne the other night for a rendition of Scissor Sister’s country-fried version of Kylie Minogue’s “All The Lovers,” which sounds a bit confusing. But it’s just awesome. Check it out below. Thanks to Idolator for finding it! Oh and if you haven’t already, you should really buy your tickets for Scissor Sisters’ show at Buckhead Theatre.