– Sweet Apple, the band led by Dinosaur Jr.’s guitar hero J Mascis, will be opening for Guided By Voices‘ reunion show at Buckhead Theatre on October 23. Tickets go on sale July 24 at 10 a.m.
– Pitchfork has a streaming track up from Edwyn Collins new record, due out September 13. Losing Sleep will feature tracks co-written with the likes of Johnny Marr, Roddy Frame of Aztec Camera, Franz Ferdinand’s Alex Kapranos and Nick McCarthy, The Cribs’ Ryan Jarman, The Drums and the Magic Numbers’ Romeo Stodart. You can also download the track here.
– Bobby Bare Jr. will be followed around the country on his next tour by indie filmmakers, who will be making a documentary of the rocker. You can check out our city’s own part of the future film when Bobby stops by for a show at The EARL on September 21.
– Widespread Panic are playing a special charity show for Tunes for Tots, which supports arts and music education for kids, at Center Stage on September 23. Tickets go on sale for the $125 general admission tickets on July 30 here. But if you are a mega-fan who really wants to support the cause and get up close and personal with your idols, then you might want to splurge for the $500 VIP tickets, which gets you into the private VIP cocktail party with the band before the show (which includes open premium bar and heavy hors d’oeuvres from renowned Empire State South chef Hugh Acheson), early admittance to Center Stage, private cash bar during the show, signed poster and VIP parking. VIP tickets go on sale July 30 at Ticket Alternative.
– Hometown troublemakers The Black Lips will be opening for Devo at their Chastain show on July 28. We would definitely pay to see how this show goes down.