- Name – Chad Doss
- How long you been shootin photos – I’ve been taking pictures since 2011, but I shot my first show in 2015.
- Top 3 Favorite Bands that you will love forever – I’ve got a huge soft spot for My Chemical Romance, Purity Ring, and Porter Robinson.
- The one thing in your camera bag that you take to every show – Always bring a pack of gum.
- Craziest thing a band/fan ever did while you were photoing a show – While shooting Trey Anastasio at the Tabernacle this year, I got to talking to some of the fans on the balcony and they found out it was my first Phish/Trey related event and immediately took me under their wing telling me all the cool things I should know and really getting me excited for the show. then a security guard came down the stairs and told me that I should probably crouch down during the set because their were paying patrons behind me. Without hesitation, the woman I was previously talking to jumped in and said ‘He has just as much of a right to be here than all of us so he can stand wherever he needs to!’ Which really made me happy to know that there are fans that get it.
- Best Advice to Give to Other Photographers – Best advice I can give to any photographer (especially in regards to music photography) is to always ask questions and talk to who else is in the pit. Everyone is there for the same reason, and at the end of the day we want everyone to succeed. Quit the gear comparison and name dropping, it ultimately doesn’t matter. I’ve seen work come from people holding a ‘start-up’ camera that can blow some work of professionals out of the water. It’s much cooler to talk to people and learn about them, and sometimes you can learn a thing or two that you didn’t show up knowing. We all grow from it, dig it?
Top Ten Photos of 2019