- Name – Ryan Fleisher
- How long you been shootin photos – I’ve been shooting music since 2016, but doing other photo work since 1998.
- Top 3 Favorite Bands that you will love forever – Van Halen, Stone Temple Pilots, The Strokes
- The one thing in your camera bag that you take to every show – Backup cards/batteries
- Craziest thing a band/fan ever did while you were photoing a show – At Afropunk 2017, Adia Victoria had red balloons arranged all around the stage. Midway through her set, she took out a pocket knife and attempted to cut the balloons free, but instead sliced her thumb pretty bad with the knife. What started as a normal reaction of putting her thumb in her mouth turned into performance art with blood all over her face, clothes and guitar and that seemed to summon the spookiest of spirits in her, making for a great performance and photos.
- Best Advice to Give to Other Photographers – Be professional. That means being prompt and courteous, following the rules, respecting the artists, paying fans, other photographers and people that work at the events. That means saying “thank you” and “excuse me.” It seems self explanatory, but at least 50% of photographers violate more than one of these things and it’s what separates the pros from the children. Lastly, be friendly to the other photographers – this is not unlike any other industry and having a good reputation and being friendly will get you where you want to go.
TOP TEN PHOTOS OF 2019