What’s Up Thursday?
So how is everyone feeling? Not too bad? Hungover? Way to celebrate your independence! Now on to your normal day. Walk around today pretending that you have a gun in a holster under your shirt, might make you feel like more of a bad ass. –Friends have also garnered praise from the likes of , […]
What’s Up Wednesday?
Happy Wednesday Everyone! It is beginning to feel a bit like Spring, which even after our mild winter I am very much looking forward to! It’s a slow night in Atlanta, but there are still some cool shows happening, -He is insanely quirky, but worthwhile! NYC singer/songwriter& comic book artist, Jeffrey Davis, is taking his […]
Picture Book: Bradford Cox, Mood Rings, Cole Alexander (of Black Lips) at Star Bar, December 22
By Matthew Smith (www.shadowboxerphoto.com) Full gallery of Bradford Cox (of Atlas Sound/Deerhunter), Old King Cole Younger (Cole Alexander of the Black Lips) and Mood Rings after the jump.
Picture Book: Black Lips, Deerhunter at Eyedrum, December 30
By Matthew Smith (www.shadowboxerphoto.com) Full gallery after the jump
AMG’s Top Atlanta Releases of 2010
Hey! It’s another Best of 2010 List! We almost chose to forgo the usual list-making duties that every writer/blogger/music-lover/mother-and-your-brother goes through at this time of year, but we just couldn’t stop ourselves from giving these locals another lil’ pat on the back for making us rock out, chill out, and groove on a bit more […]
Bits and Bobs: Bradford Cox, Yacht Rock, Dave Daniels, Scissor Sisters and More!
– So Sony, thankfully, admitted they made a big mistake when they took down songs from Atlas Sound/Deerhunter’s Bradford Cox’s own blog. Paste has the story. – It’s that time of year again – the Yacht Rock Revue throws their Christmas Party at Park Tavern in Piedmont Park on December 10. There will be ice […]
Bits and Bobs: T.I., Al Pacino, Phil Spector, Andre 3000, Squarepusher, Deerhunter
– If you haven’t heard by now, Atlanta might just have a new hometown hero. Rapper/jail bird T.I. helped talk a man off the ledge of a building in Midtown yesterday afternoon. Atlanta Magazine’s ATL Intel blog has more on the story, with reactions from T.I. and the Atlanta Police Department. – Al Pacino is […]
Bits and Bobs: Cornershop, Sade, Daft Punk, Deerhunter and More
– We’ve missed having Cornershop around. With their disco-plus-Asian sounds mixed in with the hip indie rock of the day, they have always been refreshing and eager to please. So we’re glad to hear they are releasing more music following 2009’s Judy Sucks A Lemon For Breakfast on November 2 (The Battle of New Orleans […]
Live Review: Deerhunter at Variety Playhouse, October 1
By David Courtright There are no more tidy boxes in music anymore. Genres are decaying on their stalks. The blight of mainstream. People ask, “What kind of music is it?” You shrug. “Good.” Fair enough. The good thing, one may suppose, is that a band like Deerhunter can become, well, mainstream. If that still means […]
AMG Weekend Picks: Big Boi, HOToberFest, Deerhunter and More!
Oh hurrah for fall! Hurrah for fall weather! Hurrah for the start of fall beer festival! There are so many things to celebrate this weekend – and the start of October is just one of those things. We’ve got some great local stars playing packed homecoming gigs, metal legends, food and beer festivals, and of […]
Picture Book: Deerhunter at 529, August 7
By Matthew Smith (www.shadowboxerphoto.com)
Bits and Bobs: Janelle Monae, Fred Schneider, Emma Thompson, Fun Fun Fest
– We’d previously mentioned how Kele’s video for “Everything You Wanted” was our generation’s “Nothing Compares 2 U,” but it seems that we were mistaken. Janelle Monae‘s one-take video from the neck up with a surprising outburst of genuine emotion obviously takes this honor. The video is below, and if you don’t get a little […]
Bits and Bobs: Deerhunter, Movie Music Geeks, Kele, Tron
– Deerhunter is gearing up to release their new album Halcyon Digest in September, and they’re already throwing some treats out to their fans. For the street-teamers who printed out the flyers and posted them everywhere, Pitchfork reports that Deerhunter has bestowed the tracklisting, cover art, and now a free download. Visit the album website […]
Live Review & Picture Book: Spoon, Deerhunter, Strange Boys @ The Tabernacle, March 20
Article by Jhoni Jackson; photos by Matt Smith Scouring downtown for parking on a Saturday night when there’s a sold out show is the pits. You want me to pay $15? To park my car four blocks away from the venue? Really? After circling a crowded $5 lot a dizzying number of times, I gave […]